News:

Topic: Focus point (again)  (Read 2770 times)

• No avatar
  • Polygon
September 22, 2016, 03:30:05 pm
I'm having a problem with bottom orthographic view and how it displays wires of my objects. It displays all of them even those that are occluded by geometry.
I tried using the View Navigation Tools->Set View Focusing Point and toggling Advance Focus Point on Orthographic View Zooming on and off, but it makes no difference.

I'm uploading two screenshots: one from the bottom view, with those Z-depth problems. And one of the other orthographic view that works correctly.
What can I do to fix that bottom view?

• No avatar
  • Polygon
September 22, 2016, 04:29:19 pm
Hi rubberDuck,

I have had issues with the ortho views, so changed my setup to use viewports with custom clipping on the ortho views.

With not knowing your current settings for views/viewports/clippings, I can only suggest selecting the object of interest and using "Selection Focusing" (rather than "set view focusing point")

• No avatar
  • Polygon
September 22, 2016, 04:46:53 pm
Hey Steve.
Hi rubberDuck,

I have had issues with the ortho views, so changed my setup to use viewports with custom clipping on the ortho views.
Unfortunately I'm so used to working with camera snapping that it would be difficult for me to start using multiple viewports. :)
With not knowing your current settings for views/viewports/clippings, I can only suggest selecting the object of interest and using "Selection Focusing" (rather than "set view focusing point")
I think I have them at their defaults (see screenshot). What I've noticed just a moment ago, is that if I disable App auto set far plane base on scene geometry flag, it fixes my problem with the bottom view. Do you keep this option disabled in your settings?