News:

Topic: Vertices with edge angle =  (Read 2527 times)

• No avatar
  • Polygon
August 17, 2014, 01:03:27 pm
Hi IStonia,

I have been looking at creating a mesh clean up tool. I am having an issue attempting to isolate(delete) co-planer vertex.
There is selection method "Closed 2-edge vertices" and "All 2-edge Vertices" which can work well on closed mesh. But when the mesh is open, such as a plane, selection of 2-edge vertex also selects the corner vertex of the plane. With current selections options available(even with current math selections) I am unable to find a way to remove those from the selection.
There is the current "Math selection > Edges with adjacent angle", but it is the vertex within that selection that I would like to select. So I was hoping, if you could possibly find time, to add an option in math selection to select "Vertices with edge angle ="

If you cannot find time, I understand.

Thanks.

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon

• No avatar
  • Polygon
August 26, 2014, 03:16:59 pm
Hi IStonia,

That will work. Many thanks.

• No avatar
  • Polygon
August 29, 2014, 11:38:52 pm
Hi IStonia,

When using composite tool with "P_Math Select Vertices With Open Edge Angle(*)", I am getting the popup window for value input for "SelectVertices Width Number Of Edges"

Could you please check when you have time?

Thanks.

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon

• No avatar
  • Polygon
August 30, 2014, 10:00:44 am
Hi IStonia,

I now get a "Value input" popup for entry to "SelectVertices Width Open Edge Angle", but it is the fact I am still getting the popup window. The value inputs are correct, but the popup window shows anyway, and whatever values I add, the selection is not made. (I have also check with new config)

The math selection window version works OK.

Could you please re-check when you have time?

Thanks

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
August 30, 2014, 10:34:20 am
I renewed the file. Please download again.

• No avatar
  • Polygon
August 30, 2014, 10:58:51 am
That now appears to be working correctly.

Many thanks,