News:

Topic: Streamline Basic tool is broken since a update or 2 ago  (Read 8640 times)

• Administrator
  • Polygon
October 13, 2012, 11:44:49 pm
the polygon tools >> Polygon_Inset# basic streamline tool is just flat out broken atm when you select a face and use it it just extrudes the surrounding edges of the face on the faces normal instead of the expexted result of a inset.

• No avatar
  • Polygon
October 13, 2012, 11:59:05 pm
After enabling the tool, check which way you move the mouse.

With defaults(sub_object polygon), "S"+RMB + "move mouse to right" will inset. "S"+RMB + "move mouse to left" will follow outside shape.

• Administrator
  • Polygon
October 14, 2012, 12:26:36 am
ah your right, kinda still wish this was a different basic tool and it still worked like before though, since once and a while i even want to do a negative value on the old tool, so i can later extrude up.

though i do suppose after getting used to it, having to hit drag right a little than left isnt so bad.

i really been missing the changes lately since iv been working so much, used to know the app like the back of my hand.

maybe for a other topic sometime in the far future, but it would be nice to maybe have 2 forks of the app, one with a focus on performance and stability, and one where tools get added and changed, since i find i keep having to tweak and change my configs as tools change and get added.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 12:28:16 am by Passerby »

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
October 14, 2012, 12:51:47 am
Also please notice that you can tap 'Space' key to change inset options.
Your post just enabled me to find out a newly introduced bug in the last update when I tried to test the bug you reported here. Phew.

• No avatar
  • Polygon
October 14, 2012, 05:29:00 pm
Also please notice that you can tap 'Space' key to change inset options.

That allows the streamline tool to also have the 3rd transform option of "Follow inside shape"