News:

Topic: Loop Cut/Slide Edges Menu entries?  (Read 10027 times)

• Triangle
    • Reiner`s Tilesets
September 24, 2012, 08:09:13 am
The menu entries for Loop Cut/Slide Edges seems to be missing. Just exists in the Smart Tips. There`s no entry in the Geometry menu. And there`s no entry in the Visual Tools toolbar.
Free Gamegraphics, Freeware Games http//www.reinerstilesets.de

• No avatar
  • Polygon
September 24, 2012, 09:36:23 am
The "Loop Cut/Slide Edges" is a Streamline tool that currently consists of 3 basic streamline tools and one command/redirect.
The main command/redirect is the "Loop insert", which is in the visual tools and the Geometry drop down, the 3 basic streamline tools are adding some of the functionality of the options of the "Loop insert" tool, without the need to actually set the options.

• Triangle
    • Reiner`s Tilesets
September 24, 2012, 09:55:01 am
I see. Phew, sounds pretty complicated to divide the "normal" tools from the "streamline" tools at the moment. Maybe a good idea to create something like a streamline tools menu, where the self made things gets added :)

Thanks steve :)

• No avatar
  • Polygon
September 24, 2012, 09:59:19 am
I currently add all the streamline tools to the "SmartTips" menu.

• Triangle
    • Reiner`s Tilesets
September 24, 2012, 10:44:51 am
Which gets mixed as a simple list of available hotkeys very easily. And can be hidden and removed :)

Was just an idea :)

• Administrator
  • Polygon
September 24, 2012, 10:09:50 pm
though a big point of the streamline tools is that they mostly use sticky keys, and mouse combinations, so most dont work as well from a menu as the would from a key.

• No avatar
  • Polygon
September 24, 2012, 10:38:07 pm
though a big point of the streamline tools is that they mostly use sticky keys, and mouse combinations, so most dont work as well from a menu as the would from a key.
Although I use the SmartTips menu mainly as a reference as to what hotkeys are set, you can use(select from) that menu, as selecting from that menu does make the Streamline tools stick(remain active), so the mouse clicks[for the selected tool] are active until you quit the tool, it was a recent update.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 10:43:22 pm by steve »

• Administrator
  • Polygon
September 24, 2012, 11:07:46 pm
ah didn't know that, i havent used the app since maybe 5 or 6 builds ago, since work is been hell for the last few months.

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
September 24, 2012, 11:14:52 pm
If the streamline tools is not activated through hotkeys, eg. from 'SmartTips', from 'Tool Search', from 'Radial Menu' RMB+NoKeys, it won't be sticky. But, the 'NMB' function and the 'On Tapped' event will not work. As I think that makes sense.