News:

Topic: Smooth Selection - iterations  (Read 3251 times)

• No avatar
  • Polygon
June 15, 2013, 06:59:52 pm
Can we please get an option to customise the number of SubObject Shortcut Tools->Relax Selection iterations per tool use/key press? I think the hard-coded amount is very often way too much.
Thanks.

• No avatar
  • Polygon
June 15, 2013, 08:45:36 pm
Have a look at the tools description.
You can add it(Relax selection) to a streamline tool and use(by default) the "Spacebar" + mouse to control relax strength.

• No avatar
  • Polygon
June 15, 2013, 09:36:33 pm
I found Vertex Tools->Mixed Tools->Vertex Relax in the StreamLine tools. It seems to do what I want.
I wasn't able to configure the Relax Selection with Spacebar control as StreamLine tool. :(

• No avatar
  • Polygon
June 15, 2013, 10:18:17 pm
I wasn't able to configure the Relax Selection with Spacebar control as StreamLine tool. :(

Set up a streamline tool with the "Relax selection" as an event (I have used LMB for performing event). Set hotkey(I have used M for example) see pic.

When (in this example) you press "M+LMB" the "Relax Selection" will be used with default strength. If you press "M + spacebar" the strength of the relax depends on where the mouse cursor is on screen when you LMB. So with "M+ spacebar" pressed(held down), if mouse cursor far left of screen when you LMB, light relax will be used, if mouse cursor is far right of screen when you LMB, strong relax. (with the varying strengths in between, depending on the screen position of mouse cursor). Once you have set the strength with "M+spacebar" + "LMB", that then becomes the current default.

• No avatar
  • Polygon
June 16, 2013, 01:37:45 pm
Great!
Thank you Steve, it works like a charm. :)