News:

Topic: Unable to move  (Read 7370 times)

• Edge
    • Fusion DIgital Productions LLC
January 05, 2012, 10:31:28 pm
I've found an annoying workflow issue.

If you select an edge or some vertices in one window, then try to grab the manipulator handles in another window, it causes the manipulator to disappear.

The only way to make it work is to first select the window you want to work in, then select the manipulator. 

To me, the manipulator should be available regardless of what window is active.  The moment you click on the manipulator, that window should become active. 

Thanks!

Paul

• Administrator
  • Polygon
January 05, 2012, 11:26:54 pm
ya i can confirm that bug, never noticed it before, since i work all in 1 big view-port, and use the shift+space command to lock it to a ortho view when needed.

to add to the bug, pre-selection highlighting wont work either, if you dont clikc the view-port to focus first as well as streamline tools that give a preview, like the loopcut, and cut tools.

maybe have the focus follow the mouse around, instead of click to focus.

may i ask what 3d package your modeling background is in?

It seems your finding a lot of bugs that others haven't because your approaching voidworld in a much different manner than everyone else, considering it seems it's main userbase is people who used to use Silo, and Maya users. so a lot of people are using it in a very Silo like manner.

just kinda curious, since it is good to have people testing coming from multiple modeling backgrounds taking different approaches to the app.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 11:39:32 pm by Passerby »

• Edge
    • Fusion DIgital Productions LLC
January 07, 2012, 12:27:43 pm
Sorry, I didn't reply earlier.

I started off using Lightwave in the 1990's and later moved to Softimage.

One of the best things for modeling with Softimage is the history stack.  Being able to keep everything you've done live is really great.  If you get part way into a model and realize you never should have cut a particular edge or beveled something, whatever - you can just delete that operation from the stack and keep working with everything else in place.

I see a lot of workflow issues in VW right now that could be optimized a lot and little things that just bug me.  Maybe I'll just start a thread of all my gripes ;-)

Thanks!

Paul