News:

Topic: Automatically Set View Navigation Space.  (Read 3647 times)

• No avatar
  • Spline
    • Portfolio
October 21, 2016, 01:20:43 pm
Hi,

forgive me if there's already an option for this, I do remember Nvil working like this previously so maybe I've toggled something or default behaviour has been changed.

In the past I remember that Orientation of the manipulator would automatically switch to using the Workplane if you had Manipulation Orientation set to World grid showing (even if the main grid is also showing - The Workplane should in a sense override the main grid)

I'm almost positive that Nvil used to work this way in the past.
p.s. Pivot Position should also automatically switch to Workplane.

thanks.

p.p.s.  Another  (possibly more major issue) is that using the Alt + Shift to switch to Orthographic view used to align automatically to the WorkPlane.  This is also something that would be really helpful.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 01:37:42 pm by ghib »
Senior 3D Artist

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
October 21, 2016, 09:02:29 pm
Hi,

forgive me if there's already an option for this, I do remember Nvil working like this previously so maybe I've toggled something or default behaviour has been changed.

In the past I remember that Orientation of the manipulator would automatically switch to using the Workplane if you had Manipulation Orientation set to World grid showing (even if the main grid is also showing - The Workplane should in a sense override the main grid)

I'm almost positive that Nvil used to work this way in the past.
p.s. Pivot Position should also automatically switch to Workplane.

Try this
http://www.digitalfossils.com/Download/NVil-Oct-21-16.rar

p.p.s.  Another  (possibly more major issue) is that using the Alt + Shift to switch to Orthographic view used to align automatically to the WorkPlane.  This is also something that would be really helpful.

Alt+LMB. While you are rotating the view, hit Shift.

• No avatar
  • Spline
    • Portfolio
October 23, 2016, 09:53:42 am
My apology Istonia, I don't think I made myself clear.

by this I meant that when you use the Alt + LMB + Shift to snap to orthographic view. 
  • When Workplane is visible the 'View > Set View Navigation Space > Set to Worplane Space' should be set automatically.
  • When Workplane is off (not showing) then 'View > Set View Navigation Space > Set to World Space' should be set automatically.

thanks.
Senior 3D Artist

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
October 29, 2016, 02:43:38 am
Try this
http://www.digitalfossils.com/Download/NVil-Oct-29-16.rar

* Edit > Preference > Options1 > Auto set navigation space on "Snap View" base on workplane visible status.

• No avatar
  • Spline
    • Portfolio
October 31, 2016, 11:06:45 am
It's working really well so far.  I have one minor suggestion though. When you turn off the Workplane grid it should automatically switch back to World Space.

Thanks Istonia.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 10:55:59 am by ghib »
Senior 3D Artist