News:

Topic: Mouse Wheel problem (fixed)  (Read 5925 times)

• No avatar
  • Polygon
February 12, 2013, 03:28:37 am
Hi IStonia,

In the "Steppings -> Rotation Angle" it is possible to change the value using the mouse wheel (something I would like to be able to do with the translate/rotate values by stepping values) but find that after making an adjustment the command "down" and or "up" are kept, and block various other commands/functions (where keystrokes/hotkeys are required) from being able to be executed.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 02:17:34 pm by steve »

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
February 12, 2013, 04:59:07 am
I think you mean the 'Scale Factor' spinner?

Can you give me a step by step example? I don't quite understand.

• No avatar
  • Polygon
February 12, 2013, 05:18:06 am
1: LMB in "Steppings -> Rotation Angle"
2: Use mouse wheel to adjust value
3: various hotkeys/keystrokes do not function due to down/up remaining active in input.

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
February 12, 2013, 05:40:29 am
'mouse wheel to change rotation step angle' does not work in my computer.

Do the 'DownUp' appear when you scroll mouse wheel?

• No avatar
  • Polygon
February 12, 2013, 05:43:45 am
Do the 'DownUp' appear when you scroll mouse wheel?

Yes.

• Triangle
February 12, 2013, 10:12:35 am
Oh, and there I was thinking I'd be the only one with this problem. In my case this happens, when I scroll through the list of the last entries in the tool search input field! After doing this, the shortcut display in the upper left corner of the view shows 'Up' and 'Down' as pressed hotkeys.

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
February 12, 2013, 10:35:41 am
The 'Up' and 'Down' represent the Up-Arrow key and Down-Arrow key on keyboard. It seems wmb up/down are linked to these two keys in your case for some reason. Just click these two buttons and see if it goes away.

• No avatar
  • Polygon
February 12, 2013, 10:40:19 am
In my case this happens, when I scroll through the list of the last entries in the tool search input field!

I do not see that problem on my setup.

• No avatar
  • Polygon
February 12, 2013, 10:48:54 am
The 'Up' and 'Down' represent the Up-Arrow key and Down-Arrow key on keyboard. It seems wmb up/down are linked to these two keys in your case for some reason. Just click these two buttons and see if it goes away.

Yes, it does go away after pressing the up/down keys. (It also goes away after clicking on the "Custom" (for view, top right of view_port))

It is not a problem with my config/preference, as I have the same problem with a new config/preference file(s)

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
February 12, 2013, 11:01:33 am
It is not a problem with my config/preference, as I have the same problem with a new config/preference file(s)

I think it's something in your system setup. If you bring up a dialog or context menu, the app will clear that automatically because I have put codes for this.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 11:05:55 am by IStonia »

• No avatar
  • Polygon
February 12, 2013, 11:22:29 am
I think it's something in your system setup.

Yes, its a mouse :)

I have check drivers and cannot find a problem.
I do not understand how it is a problem with my system, as the other window inputs that use the mouse scroll wheel for numerical change do not show this problem.

I suppose I will just have to put it down to another anomaly with my system and NVIL.

• No avatar
  • Polygon
February 12, 2013, 11:39:20 am
There is something broken with the mouse scroll wheel somewhere, and I still do not see it is my system. I am also see an inability to adjust the falloff cage for the vertex tweak with "X + mouse scroll wheel".
I have gone back to "Dec-05-12" build and the tweak cage adjustment works(with "X + mouse scroll wheel") but not with later builds using same config file. But still a problem with the down/up issue in all builds up to now.

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
February 12, 2013, 12:14:54 pm
What have you assigned to X key?

In my code, there is no place where mouse wheel fires the key event.

• No avatar
  • Polygon
February 12, 2013, 12:22:09 pm
What have you assigned to X key?

If I had assigned a key to "X" and it was causing issue, why would it not cause issue in "Dec-05-12" build, but problems in later builds?.
I did also check (as always) with a new default config/preference file, still with same issue.

• No avatar
  • Polygon
February 12, 2013, 12:33:13 pm
OK, found the problem causing the "Down/up" issue. It is only happening while the Manipulator toolbar is docked. (So the issue I reported concerning the disappearing toolbar text is related)

But I still cannot get the tweak cage adjustment working with "X + mouse scroll wheel". Will look more later.