News:

Topic: Can't detect 3D-Coat  (Read 10482 times)

• Edge
    • Fusion DIgital Productions LLC
December 05, 2011, 09:57:13 pm
I just tried the App Link and coming from 3D-Coat worked fine, but sending my mesh back gave me the error "can't find 3D-Coat in memory"... but 3D Coat was open and it detected the new model was ready to be imported.

Unfortunately 3D Coat also crashed when trying to import the altered model...

Paul

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
December 06, 2011, 01:17:10 am
I don't have 3D-Coat installed. Can some one confirm that it works fine in his computer?

Can you export that model to an obj file and try to import it into 3D-Coat and see if it works?

• Edge
December 06, 2011, 10:53:28 am
It actually works fine most of the time.  Basically it says it does not detect 3D Coat and opens a dialog box.  But, if I just hit Cancel, 3D-Coat opens the model anyway.

So, it seems to work just fine, other than it doesn't detect 3D Coat is running.

Paul

• No avatar
  • Vertex
December 07, 2011, 10:26:29 am
I opened 3D Coat, then I opened Voidworld, brought in a cylinder, accepted the default settings, clicked on the 3D Coat icon in VW and I got a message saying that

"No running 3D-Coat app is detected. now let you open it manually"  but, 3D-Coat is running.

I cancel that, then selected  Drop mesh in 3D-Coat for Auto-retopology (whatever that is :) I then get the same error message, cancel out of that, and go to 3D-Coat, and after a few minutes the object appears in 3D-Coat.

So in other words, VW doesn't see 3D-Coat is open but still links to it and puts the objects there.

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
January 03, 2012, 08:59:05 am
paul, philem: Can you check it in the new update and see if it works now. If not, In your desktop, right click tast bar > Start Task Manager > Processes, and tell me what is the process name for 3d-coat.

• Edge
January 03, 2012, 01:46:25 pm
It seems to work, however in 3D Coat I get the following error:

The square of UV set is too big.  It may mean that the UV set is incorrect or tiled too much.

When I hit "OK" and let 3D Coat try to load the object (a simple cube) it froze my computer up for probably 3-5 minutes.  3D Coat ended up taking over 3 gigs of ram to load a simple cube.  So it seems that VW is sending over UVs to 3D Coat on basic objects, even when you haven't created any UVs.

Paul

• No avatar
  • Vertex
January 03, 2012, 10:04:55 pm
It seems to work, however in 3D Coat I get the following error:

The square of UV set is too big.  It may mean that the UV set is incorrect or tiled too much.

When I hit "OK" and let 3D Coat try to load the object (a simple cube) it froze my computer up for probably 3-5 minutes.  3D Coat ended up taking over 3 gigs of ram to load a simple cube.  So it seems that VW is sending over UVs to 3D Coat on basic objects, even when you haven't created any UVs.

Paul

I am also getting the same message, and when I click OK it does take some time for the object to go in, even a small sphere takes a little time.

Also 3D Coat won't open from within VW (same as before) but, if 3D_Coat is already open then the mesh will go in except for the size error message.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 06:40:13 am by philem »