News:

Topic: Making object manipulation similar to Blender  (Read 2523 times)

• No avatar
  • Vertex
    • blog
June 24, 2014, 01:16:21 pm
Hi,

I really am liking a lot about the Nvil and how robust the toolset is.  However after coming from Blender there is one thing that seems to be slowing me down, and it's an issue that I have in almost every app aside from Blender.

I want to know if I can set my Move, Rotate and Scale buttons so that they behave this way.

on tapping Move, selection will immediately begin moving on mouse movement.  Then to define an axis of movement, I would press X, Y or Z to constrain movement to one axis... OR Shift + X, Y or Z to constrain movement to the other two axis'

After that, I can enter a numerical value that will move my selection by the corresponding units in 3d space. (I could enter positive/negative values and decimals)

I would then left click to confirm the translation or right click to cancel and get out of the move operation.

So this would allow me to work without ever having to use my manipulator.  It really speeds up the modeling process for me. 

I've tried making a streamline tool that will allow me to do this.  But it seems as thought the program wasn't designed to function that way.  I might be wrong though.  Any experienced users have any advice?  Anyone with experience with Blender especially would be great.

Thanks!

-Gavin
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 01:18:04 pm by gbball »

• No avatar
  • Triangle
June 24, 2014, 01:27:22 pm
hi I often use a blender. I badly understand English can screenshots or video record

• No avatar
  • Vertex
    • blog
June 24, 2014, 03:27:34 pm
Hey man,

It's fairly simple.

In Blender to move a box up one unit I can press G Z 1 Enter/LMB

Or to rotate 90 degrees in y I press R Y 90 Enter/LMB

I want to be able to do that in Nvil, just using hotkeys like in Blender

• No avatar
  • Triangle
June 24, 2014, 04:09:18 pm
While in nvil not, and in my opinion it is not necessary. I much faster to do it nvil than once again to hit the keyboard in a blender

you have to get used to you

• No avatar
  • Vertex
    • blog
June 24, 2014, 05:54:23 pm
Ok,

Thanks man, I'll give it a try!

• Administrator
  • Polygon
June 24, 2014, 07:32:18 pm
you can just edit values in the manipulation box, just as quick, and you have the option of absolute or offset.

you can also click and drag on a axis in the manipulation box, right click to zero out a axis, or middle click to zero out all axis.

Also respects the tab button so you can quickly type in values for all 3 boxes.