News:

Topic: [Fixed] Action Cancel Command  (Read 1786 times)

• No avatar
  • Polygon
September 06, 2017, 07:29:59 pm
Hi IStonia,

Back in Jan(I think), I requested the ability to add the "Action Cancel Command" to the streamline tools. I now appear to be having an issue.
I was calling the streamline tool from a composite tool, but for testing(due to issue) I added an hotkey, and called streamline tool directly.

The streamline tool is very simple:-
Allow tapped to stay alive (set for use with hotkey. Steamline tool stays active when called from Composite tool)

Mouse Funtion
NMB:- Subobject Tools >> Normal Move Selection#

Event Action
On LMB Click:- Common Shortcut Tools >> Action Cancel Command

When called, movement of selection OK, but pressing LMB does not exit tool as would be expected (as with pressing ESC key)
To test further, I placed "Normal Move Selection" to the mouse function "MMB"
Again, when calling tool, movement of selection OK, pressing LMB to exit tool did work, but it also deselected the subobjects I had selected, and only after several clicks on the object could I reselect.

Please check when you can find time.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 09:42:24 am by steve »

• No avatar
  • Polygon
September 06, 2017, 07:52:27 pm
 On further checks, the "Action Cancel Command"(within the streamline tool) is exiting the "Basic streamline tool", but not the streamline engine tool, and the "Basic streamline tool" is being called again.
 So for example. I changed the "Mouse Function >> NMB" to "Subobject_extrude_normal", on calling the tool, the extrusion was made, I LMB(to exit), but the extrude was called again and made another extrusion.

• No avatar
  • Polygon
September 06, 2017, 08:35:00 pm
There is certainly something broken.

The composite tool I was using to call the streamline tool has a check (State tools >> Has selection$) to make sure a subselection is made, if not a popup (Common shortcut tools >> Show message) is shown to inform user a selection needs to be made. After attmpting to get the streamline tool to work, the message is no longer showing, instead, I get the parameter input window for the message. I had to delete/remake the composite tool to get that working again.

I am also seeing a RMB click is not exiting the streamline tool, it is only exiting the basic streamline tool, I need to press the ESC key.

I though creating a basic tools config(with no hotkeys) for a new user would of been interesting, but now not looking too good.