News:

Topic: Spacebar Toggles - how to get these to work?  (Read 2065 times)

• No avatar
  • Spline
May 11, 2014, 03:47:55 pm
Many commands inside Nvil have functions which get accessed by Spacebar inside the running command.
I guess the idea is to suppress the viewport maximizing option and as nobody complains it seems to work for most of you. But I frankly have no idea how I should use this function.
Just looking at the updated Local Transform tool... Here one is supposed to press Space to change the Transform axis. When I do this I only see my viewports maximize, the actual function doesn't get called. Does anyone else have the same problem? What is the required sequence of actions?

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
May 11, 2014, 06:27:09 pm
You tap Space key only after you have activated the tool.

1.Press down the hot key of the streamline tool.
2.Press down the mouse button to activate the basic streamline tool.
3.Drag cursor to perform the operation.
4.While the mouse button is still down. Now you can tap Space bar. You can release the streamline tool's hot key if you wish.

• No avatar
  • Spline
May 11, 2014, 09:08:47 pm
Thanks IStonia!
Ok, so the Mouse button needs to be pressed to suppress the MaxViewport action. I have some success now but I miss feedback whether the axis change actually registered. The hover-highlighting of the Manipulator doesn't seem to work in in this special mode...

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
May 12, 2014, 10:07:38 am
Try this and see if it's better. I make the chosen axis information available in the transform value display. Also make the manipulator highlighted accordingly.
http://www.digitalfossils.com/Download/NVil-May-12-14.rar

• No avatar
  • Spline
May 12, 2014, 05:05:10 pm
Yes, this works better indeed.
For me the main reason for posting was really understanding the sequence...others may have to chime in for functionality details.
I see that this particular command offers interesting stuff but I feel that some well executed feature-streamlining was required. Typing "Local" into the tool search spits out a long list of commands already...

I btw find odd when one enters Local Transform and it simply sticks to the currently visible manipulator type - shouldn't also the manipulator type change when choosing Rotate instead of Move? I'm not sure of the Popup too but I currently have nothing better to suggest...