News:

Topic: Vertex Connect and Grid Fill  (Read 5418 times)

• Administrator
  • Polygon
August 18, 2013, 06:08:36 pm
nice suggestions, the changes to the blender vertex connect are cool, nvil can cut across multiple edges if you hold its key and use the interactive cut. but grid fill looks pretty kick ass.

and doing that style of vertex would be nice too just from vertex selections.

• No avatar
  • Polygon
August 19, 2013, 12:20:38 am
The "Vertex connect" is possible now, first selecting the vertex, then press "C". For the connect across multi-faces (vertex to vertex), just a need to press "C" first, then select the vertex to connect.

The "Faces/Grid_fill", yes, that is something I would like to see in Nvil. It is similar to "Gordon Surface" or "Coons Surface", but it is only selecting the 2 opposite edges/splines of the perimeter.

I did not know Blender had the "Faces/Grid_fill" tool, I will have to have a look (currently I still use Hexagon for those tools/functions. Those tools have been in hexagon for the last 8 years)

• No avatar
  • Triangle
August 19, 2013, 07:49:03 am
I thought that it would be nice to be able to control the pivot in softimage. That is to make a new operator auto pivot that would reset after choice pivot return as the starting position.
And binding in blendare

sorry for my english
thanks
Русские есть? А то трудно объяснить через google  :-[

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
August 21, 2013, 09:42:32 am
- This tool does the vertex connection, Geometry > Cut. It also works in edge/polygon modes.
- I can try to use splines to create the surface tool.
- There is a streamline tool, Set Manipulator. It is suggested by a Softimage user.

• No avatar
  • Polygon
September 20, 2013, 06:36:31 am
- I can try to use splines to create the surface tool.

Did you manage to have a look at that possible implementation?

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
September 20, 2013, 08:44:22 am
I only have a rough idea so far.