News:

Topic: math selection: more math  (Read 7344 times)

• Triangle
October 08, 2012, 05:27:46 pm
As there was a discussion about a tool selecting edges involved in zero (sub-)face area, I noticed that there is no selection for edges with zero length. I initially thought this would be in math selection, but it isn't. So therefore, here is my request: more math selections. :)

The way I would prefer to select edges with zero length and still have a tolerance value for that, as sometimes by using the snapping tools vertices seem to be overlapping, but somehow aren't, is by selecting edges with length <, <=, =, =>, >, != a specific value. It would nicely fit in the current math selections this way.

I don't know if NVIL calculates face geometry areas, but you could do that as well. I probably wouldn't use that often though. But where this could come in handy is, when you could apply that same principle to UV mapped area, so you catch the faces, that have almost no map area in UVs.

I guess it would also be possible to base a math selection on the angle between 2 edges, since two edges are always forming a plane.

Another selection method that is not a math selection but missing, is for nonmanifold geometry. Or did I just don't see it? For the case that I would accidently extrude an edge.

Thanks again for listening!

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
October 09, 2012, 10:34:08 am
Added.