News:

Topic: Few things that I would like to see in Nvil  (Read 4809 times)

• No avatar
  • Edge
January 11, 2015, 11:36:57 am
Hello,

First of all, I'm a strict modeller who is looking for efficient and streamlined moddeling application to fit in my pipeline. Im very impressed by Nvil so far, but there are few features that are missing or I just can't find them. So correct me if I'm wrong.

About the retopo mode, I would like to see auto weld feature and ability to use relax feature without constant switching on and off retopology, to get to vertex mode and use it from there.

Also is there a way to use tweak without the soft selection fallof, not just to decreas its size untill it influences only one component but to completly switch it off. So if there is no such a feature I would like to request it.

Thanks in advance.

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
January 12, 2015, 10:40:17 am
About the retopo mode, I would like to see auto weld feature and ability to use relax feature without constant switching on and off retopology, to get to vertex mode and use it from there.

There is a welding feature in Retopo tool. Help > Contents > Modeling > Edge Section > Retopo > Weld. At the bottom of the page.

You can create a streamline tool for selection purpose. Make sure "Can be activated only when Retopo tool is on". Use this tool to make selection then trigger the relax tool.

Also is there a way to use tweak without the soft selection fallof, not just to decreas its size untill it influences only one component but to completly switch it off. So if there is no such a feature I would like to request it.

You can disable soft selection. Edit > Options > Soft Selection Options > Soft Selection Enabled.

• No avatar
  • Edge
January 12, 2015, 09:04:06 pm
Thanks for fast reply Istonia, I'll try this options. Regarding the streamlined tools im bit overwheled by this feature right now, but I guess complexity is what makes it so useful. 

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
January 12, 2015, 09:37:16 pm
There is a streamline tool tutorial. Help > Tutorials > Set Up A StreamLine Tool.

There is a preset streamline tool "Selection Tools" which hot key is Q. This may give you some idea how to set up your own selection tool to use inside retopo mode. When you assign the hotkey to your this selection tool, make sure it won't conflict with the existing hotkeys for the Retopo tool.

• No avatar
  • Edge
January 13, 2015, 05:57:01 pm
Thanks again. Still I was unable to create the tool that I wanted. I'll request some help, in community help to keep things tidy. cheers.