News:

Topic: Composite tool - possible conflict  (Read 2137 times)

• No avatar
  • Polygon
February 17, 2015, 07:22:42 pm
I changed my main config quite a while ago, so forgot about the default settings, which may cause conflict with composite tools, such as the one I posted to forum > "Clean_up tool"

The problem/conflict can come from the default options setting of "Edit > Preference > Options > "Allow subobject type hotkey toggle between previous type" and a "Composite tool" that changes selection type. But the problem will not always show, due to how that option works, as it also depends on current selection mode when calling the composite tool. Yes, a bit confusing, but I will try to explain.

The option "Allow subobject type hotkey toggle between previous type" can force a selection type toggle if using the shortcut tools "Switch" ("Switch to polygon mode" / "Switch to object mode" etc).
So for example. If you are in "Object" mode and call "Switch to polygon mode", that is O.K. But if you are in "Polygon mode" and call "Switch to polygon mode" it can then force a toggle of the selection mode back to what the selection mode was prior to switching to polygon mode (yes, I did say it was confusing).
What can make it more confusing, is that the default "Switch selection mode" icons that Nvil uses, do not use the "Switch commands", they appear to use internal hard_coded commands, so work differently.

I have never understood that option, nor the reason it is on by default. But if using composite tools that switch between selection modes, and you also use any hotkeys for switching selection modes, then you need to disable that option, as there is no current workaround.

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
February 27, 2015, 10:39:31 am
I have disabled this option on composite tool execution.