News:

Topic: UI Changes: Tool Lists  (Read 2550 times)

• Triangle
February 25, 2013, 04:18:45 pm
Hi there!
Instead of trying to turn the tools system upside down, I now have some suggestions concerning the current status.

1. Tools List: Collapse & Expand Categories
When customizing the tools, there are different categories for modeling options, vertex shortcut tools and so on. I could get more overview, if I was able to collapse those categories and show only those, that I want to see. Since the User Tool Bars can do this, I reckon the tools list can do it, too. Choosing a category from the dropdown menu should expand that category, of course. Buttons for collapse all and expand all will be a nice addition, too.

2. Streamline Basic Tool List: Filter for context by type
First, expanding and collapsing categories would be nice. Second, If I open up the streamline basic tools window I always get a list with all the tools, even if it makes no sense to display them, because the type of the streamline tool is something that doesn't support streamline basic tools that are for other components. So If I have a streamline tool of type "SplineVertex", I still get all the tools for vertex extrude and all the others, I can even assign them to LMB Tool, for example, but it wouldn't work, of course. So why display them in the first place? If the streamline tool is Spline Vertex, please just display the streamline basic tools that are compatible with it.

For the "actions" part of the streamline tool setup, it would also make sense to filter out those tools, that aren't compatible with the current streamline tool type. If I have a streamline tool of type spline-vertex I can set LMB click to 'edge_shortcut_tools->Cut'. If I do that while in spline vertex mode, of course, nothing happens.

• Triangle
February 26, 2013, 01:17:24 pm
And could the collapse/expand of categories please be implemented in the tools list of the radial menu setup, too? At the moment, there aren't even headings for the categories. And everytime I switch between radial menus, the tool list jumps and I have to scroll again. It's a real pain! I wish it wouldn't jump, when switching the chosen radial menu.

[Edit:] It's a pain, because when I have a radial menu for different subobjects, that should contain the corresponding streamline engine tool, it's taxing to set that up (example: shared extrude streamline tool for each subobject, shared radial menu for each subobject.)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 01:30:34 pm by Vaquero »