News:

Topic: clip plane  (Read 9026 times)

• No avatar
  • Polygon
June 16, 2012, 07:42:53 am
I have been attempting to adjust the near clipping plane. On going into the options and changing the "Near", when getting to 1.000 or below, it starts to clip the Far and does not change the near.

For unselected objects it is not really a problem, but a selected object appears to have a different near clip plane distance, and is clipped before unselected objects when zooming in.

Could that be looked at please?

Regards,

- Steve

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
June 20, 2012, 11:52:49 am
It is z buffer calculation precision related. When near plane and far plane are too far apart, the far plane value becomes unreliable. The near plane is still changed. You just need to increase the far plane value to compensate the computation error.

• No avatar
  • Polygon
June 20, 2012, 01:11:47 pm
I have tried many different settings, but none have really helped.

Where I am seeing the main problem is when using retopo. I build a retopo mesh on top of a reference, when I zoom in, the retopo mesh disappears but leaves the reference mesh visible.

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
June 20, 2012, 05:38:43 pm
When in retopo mode, selected objects are rendered in front of the reference object. There are two way to solve the problem.

-Move the near clip plane towards the view camera.
  -Reduce the 'Retopo Z offset' value under 'Scene Explorer' > 'Retopo reference' list tab.

• No avatar
  • Polygon
June 21, 2012, 06:00:42 pm
  -Reduce the 'Retopo Z offset' value under 'Scene Explorer' > 'Retopo reference' list tab.

Thanks, that works great.

I should of already seen that option. I must be going blind in my old age.

Regards,

- Steve