News:

Topic: Nvil vs Blender for Modeling  (Read 5442 times)

• No avatar
  • Vertex
    • N/A
March 08, 2014, 01:34:52 am
Hello everyone!  This is my first post to the Nvil forums (discovered this neat tool a couple of days ago) and I was wondering how the Blender modeler compared to Nvil.  I am a sole game developer and I am new to the world of 3D.  I need something that will be quick to pick up and that will be powerful enough for me to do my work.  I've worked with Blender before, but I always got put off by the complexity of such a huge package, of which I only care about the modeler and a couple of other things.  When I discovered Nvil a few days ago, I was initially put off by its UI, but once I looked past that the tool seems to be easy to use and quite powerful.  I understand that Nvil is purely a modeler and is not suitable for things like heavy UV work or animation.  My main gripe with Nvil is the lack of documentation, but I would be willing to look past this if the tool is truly amazing.  Which tool is worth learning?  Thanks in advance.

--TSX-Crytek

• No avatar
  • Triangle
    • Portfolio
March 08, 2014, 09:38:58 am
use a an easy config to help jump start understanding the tools.

http://voidworld.cmcproductions.co.uk/index.php/topic,2236.0.html

• No avatar
  • Triangle
    • Portfolio
March 08, 2014, 09:41:37 am
Nvil, just has a really fast UI once you understand the streamline tools.

Also, things like circulize  are features that I use daily and save me considerable amount of time.

• Triangle
March 08, 2014, 12:17:30 pm
I always found the blender modelling tools very limited, but they implemented BMesh a while back to allow NGons. For example, there was only a bevel modifier which would always bevel the whole mesh, not just a selection. From what I've seen, they added some nice additions to the modelling set, but my estimate is, that NVil is far superior. Even the most basic move & rotate operations are more capable than blender's (I've got plans for a comparison video for quite some time now).

The NVil Wiki just got started and hopefully will become a comprehensive documentation.

• No avatar
  • Vertex
    • N/A
March 08, 2014, 05:00:45 pm
Thanks for all the replies guys!  I've decided to work with Nvil and use Blender for UVs and animation (unless you guys know of some other tools.)  How did you learn Nvil?  By experience?  I checked out the wiki, but it had absolutely nothing on it.  Thanks Again!

--TSX-Crytek

• No avatar
  • Triangle
    • Portfolio
March 09, 2014, 09:18:03 am
Therr is a tutorials section on the forums.

• No avatar
  • Vertex
    • N/A
March 11, 2014, 12:15:46 am
Therr is a tutorials section on the forums.

I've looked around on the forums but I've been unable to find the tutorial post you were talking about.  Either that or I'm blind.

• No avatar
  • Vertex
March 11, 2014, 12:28:27 am
Hi TSX-CRytek

Try this:

NVil Forums » General Category » Community Help » Tutorials » Nvil Tutorial Links

Cheers
Mal

• No avatar
  • Vertex
    • N/A
March 11, 2014, 09:13:58 pm
Hi TSX-CRytek

Try this:

NVil Forums » General Category » Community Help » Tutorials » Nvil Tutorial Links

Cheers
Mal

Thanks Mal!  I hope all of the awesome people on these forums have a great day and that Nvil experiences a prosperous future.

Cheers!
--TSX-Crytek

• No avatar
  • Vertex
April 11, 2014, 09:52:33 am
blender always geared to make anim and movies not modelling, yes it has nice system for modelling except for right click thingy..and then it stop to develop more great tools for modelling..