News:

Topic: hiting undo moves objects around.  (Read 6195 times)

• No avatar
  • Vertex
May 31, 2013, 12:57:41 am
Hi

I have an issue that has happen to me several times already. And is that when modeling at some point with out any apparent reason when i hit undo the objects that i have in the scene move in the 3d space randomly.

And if i hit undo again the objects moves again and not in any case to a place that i could have placed them before.

Please any soultion to this will be appreciate it.

Thanks
Cheers

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
May 31, 2013, 01:23:02 am
What operation have you done before undo? Can you reproduce it?

• No avatar
  • Vertex
May 31, 2013, 02:31:23 pm
to be honest i`m not sure what operation or tool i`m using when this happen. I have try to reproduce it but it does not happen.

The one thing that i can tell you is that it could be with the cut tool or with split loop. because i use those a lot.

I will check when this happen again if its possible to reproduce it.

Thanks

• No avatar
  • Vertex
June 01, 2013, 02:27:36 pm
ok. i was sort of able to reproduce the bug.

Create an sphere, or any other primitive, duplicate the sphere and that duplicate sphere scale it in all directions once and hit undo then inmediately scale it in X and Z at the same time and you will see that the sphere will move. Do the same steps again with that duplicate sphere and the bug will happen again.

Also if you just create a primitive and with out duplicate it you repeate those two steps of scale it and undo eventually the object will move randomly in 3d space.

I say that i sort of was able to reproduce the bug because when this happen to me before i`m editing the mesh edges and vertices not creating a primitive. Anyhow the resulting bug is the same.

Hopelly this helps. ;)
Thanks

• Triangle
June 01, 2013, 06:49:43 pm
I tried your steps with the latest version (2013-May-28), but even with "Toggle Object Position Maintain Style On Scaling" (horrible name btw) turned off, I can't reproduce what you are experiencing.

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
June 01, 2013, 10:52:46 pm
yolao, I can't reproduce it either. It may has something to do with your particular settings. Can you create a video and send me your settings files at info@digitalfossils.com?

• No avatar
  • Vertex
June 02, 2013, 01:09:27 am
thank you both.

I`m not in the computer where i work now. but i will see if i have some time to record a quick video showing the issue tomorrow or next week.

The thing that i can tell you is that i`m working with a Wacom tablet Intuos 3 pen, i haven`t check if this does not happen with a mouse.

Checking the steps that i mention before i forgot to mention that after you scale the duplicate sphere in X and Z at the same time you have to hit undo again.., then the object moves once ramdomly in the 3d space.

The same thing when you create just a primitive with out duplicate but doing the operation several times of -scale all direcetions undo/scale X-Z undo-.

Anyways, i will check again also with a mouse.

Thanks
Cheers

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
June 02, 2013, 05:31:35 am
There are scaling options, Edit > Options > Scaling Options. That's why I asked for your settings.

• No avatar
  • Vertex
June 02, 2013, 05:31:19 pm
My brother do my the favor to record an small video with a clean fresh download and intall in his compĆ¹ter with out any change.

He is using a wacom intuos 4 pen.

http://s45.photobucket.com/user/yolao/media/nvil-bug.mp4.html

I just want to repeat that this is just to show how the bug more or less happens.

The actual issue is in the modeling process and using, cut, split loop, etc. etc. And also with the diference that hiting undo just once and the objects moves around, hiting undo again and the objects moves again, and so on.

Also important to note that using a regular mouse the bug those not happen that often. And using a wacom mouse the bug (tryng just a couple of times) did not happen...

thanks.

P.S. by the way, in my computer the objects moves more than what happens on the video.., but anyways at the end is the same thing.

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
June 02, 2013, 08:40:04 pm
It could be the mouse up event is missing. Did you release mouse button before your move the pen away from the drawing pad? If you didn't, that may cause problem because the program uses mouse up event to finish click+drag operations. I don't have a tablet so I can't check it myself.

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
June 03, 2013, 08:57:50 am
Try the new update and see if the problem is there.

• No avatar
  • Vertex
June 03, 2013, 02:12:08 pm
It could be the mouse up event is missing. Did you release mouse button before your move the pen away from the drawing pad? If you didn't, that may cause problem because the program uses mouse up event to finish click+drag operations. I don't have a tablet so I can't check it myself.

no, the only thing that is being use for those steps in the video is the pen tip, which would in any case represent the left click of a mouse.

It would be very useful, (if it is not there already) to have a freeze transformation option like you have in maya, where you can zero out all the translate, rotate info after you position your geo so you can move it around and then just zero out everything to put it just in place.
Also with the option to zero out all the selected objects.

I will try the june 3 update to see if the issue is still there.

Many thanks for the help. ;)

EDIT: I just wanted to report that in the june 3 update the bug is still there.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 01:27:43 am by yolao »