News:

Topic: Installer-version?  (Read 3504 times)

• No avatar
  • Spline
February 28, 2013, 03:50:16 pm
As you also for the commercial version release frequent updates (which of course is cool) it should
be easy to install them. I imagine an Installer-version which needs no unzipping and simply lets us overwrite the existing version in the Programs-directory and which understands that there's a Software-Key already in place.

• No avatar
  • Spline
March 01, 2013, 05:26:09 pm
Hi, polyxo.

I like the portable application. You can to unrar/unzip in this same folder.
But you're right, all used a commercial program that has an installer. Two version better:Portable, Installer.

NSIS or InnoSetup - good choice,imho.
Sorry for my bad english. Do not hesitate to ask if you do not understand me :-)

• No avatar
  • Spline
March 02, 2013, 10:11:23 am
I like the portable application. You can to unrar/unzip in this same folder.

Is Nvil really portable in strict sense? It at least creates its settings-folder outside of the installation-folder...

Anyway - I think a clean bundled distribution with just one .exe-file which finds its previous installation-path would make things easier to handle and more professional looking.

• No avatar
  • Spline
March 02, 2013, 06:56:43 pm
Is Nvil really portable in strict sense? It at least creates its settings-folder outside of the installation-folder...
Yes, you're right. This is not exactly a portable version.

Anyway - I think a clean bundled distribution with just one .exe-file which finds its previous installation-path would make things easier to handle and more professional looking.
Only not *.msi  :). It is writes a lot of information in the registry and and saves a msi-file in the windows folder. IF it to delete,  then not be able to uninstall the program.
Sorry for my bad english. Do not hesitate to ask if you do not understand me :-)