News:

Topic: Extrude based on selected gizmo  (Read 2465 times)

• Vertex
May 23, 2014, 08:53:03 am
Extrude based on selected gizmo Move/Scale/Rotate. I'm referring to the streamline extrude and not the panel one.

Example:
 If you have an open loop selection and you switch to the scale gizmo and press A and slide from the middle of it it will extrude and scale outwards.(similar to the panel extrude)
 Almost same behavior for the rotate one using the axis as the angle and the gizmo position as the center of the rotated extrusion.

Just and idea. :)

• No avatar
  • Polygon
May 23, 2014, 08:01:10 pm
Hi SsSandu_C,

Not sure if I follow you correctly.(Sorry if I misunderstand)

With the panel (visual tools?) extrude, are you referring to the "Flat style > Face direction/normal direction" options? There is a basic streamline tool that will perform that function which you can add to the "A" Extrude streamline tool  (streamline basic tool > Edge tools > Edge_Extrude_face/Normal_Direction#"

If it is more a case of wanting to extrude an edge from specific Manipulator center, you can make a zero distance extrude then scale out with manipulator (I use a composite tool with "P_Extrude_Edge_flat" with zero distance added, which I added to the extrude streamline tool).

• Vertex
May 23, 2014, 11:26:02 pm
yeah you got it right. Will use your suggestions. I'll try and be more clear next time. Cheers!