News:

Topic: Tool search with hint where the tool is in the menu  (Read 8318 times)

• Triangle
    • Reiner`s Tilesets
October 15, 2012, 06:34:19 pm
Currently the tool search just gives us the location in the customize tools dialogue. More interesting for me would be to have the location in the menu though. I don`t want to call the tool through the tool search all the time. Could you please add a hint for the menu location too? :)
Free Gamegraphics, Freeware Games http//www.reinerstilesets.de

• Triangle
October 16, 2012, 01:59:05 pm
I must admin, I have the same problem from time to time, that's why I find a tool search is such a great tool. Either I can't remember the hotkey for an action or can't find it in the menu. The last feature I couldn't find was the instancing, so I just used the tool search. But I would refrain from making the tool search window too big. Nvil's GUI doesn't have the functionality to hide specific areas inside a window, which I kind of miss. So maybe this info would be best suited for the help area or tool tip or whatever you call it.

Another improvement I can think of, because I already could have used it, is a search history. I did some testing on the different styles of some actions and didn't have hotkeys assigned to each of them. I think it was Bridge and Weld. So I used the tool search. But I always had to swith between the two and it got a little annoying to always type the name of the action AGAIN into the tool search in order to switch between them. So maybe the input field could be a editable combobox that contains the last 5 entries. Or one could use the up(or page up) and down(or page down) keys to go through the search history.

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
October 17, 2012, 01:29:26 pm
All done.

• Triangle
    • Reiner`s Tilesets
October 17, 2012, 04:21:24 pm
Many thanks :)
Free Gamegraphics, Freeware Games http//www.reinerstilesets.de