News:

Topic: 64-bit Version Test  (Read 26730 times)

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
January 30, 2014, 10:55:26 am
Can some one test this version on 64-bit system? See if it will crash on key down/up events. If it does not crash, please check if the "Shift+NumPandkey" works correctly.
http://www.digitalfossils.com/Download/NVil-Jan-29a-14.rar

• No avatar
  • Polygon
January 30, 2014, 12:26:01 pm
- No crashes on keyDown/Up;
- keys: Left, Right, Up, Down, Delete, Insert, Home, End, Page up, Page down - not sticky;
- SHIFT+NumPad combinations seem to be working correctly.
:)

• No avatar
  • Polygon
January 30, 2014, 12:50:06 pm
Can some one test this version on 64-bit system? See if it will crash on key down/up events. If it does not crash, please check if the "Shift+NumPandkey" works correctly.

Looking good.

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
February 01, 2014, 11:43:48 am
Can you test this one on 64-bit system?
http://www.digitalfossils.com/Download/NVil-Jan-31a-14.rar
See if key board control is correct. And "Shif+NumPadKey".

Also see if the shell tool bug in composite tool is fixed.

• No avatar
  • Polygon
February 01, 2014, 01:36:49 pm
Hi IStonia,

Initially (only quick tests), keyboard control looks OK. The problem with "P_Extrude_shell" also appears to be fixed.

A new problem is with grid snapping. [new config] Create Box (or any primitive/object). Enable grid snapping. Move box with manipulator. If you move manipulator too quickly, box will shoot off into distance.

I will test more.

The spline problems (I reported to forum) appear to be resolved now, including the redraw issue.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 01:41:43 pm by steve »

• No avatar
  • Polygon
February 01, 2014, 04:55:23 pm
Initially (only quick tests), keyboard control looks OK. The problem with "P_Extrude_shell" also appears to be fixed.
Same here. Thanks for fixing P_Extrude_Shell.

A new problem is with grid snapping. [new config] Create Box (or any primitive/object). Enable grid snapping. Move box with manipulator. If you move manipulator too quickly, box will shoot off into distance.
I'm not able to reproduce it. The primitive sticks to manipulator no matter how fast or chaotically I move it.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 04:57:13 pm by rubberDuck »

• No avatar
  • Polygon
February 03, 2014, 03:56:48 pm
I'm not able to reproduce it. The primitive sticks to manipulator no matter how fast or chaotically I move it.

I am only seeing (but still seeing) that problem with the latest test version (Jan-31a).

Quick vid showing issue:-

https://www.mediafire.com/?g3awjuiv34jzv9v

-----------------------

Now fixed, thank you.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 02:42:00 pm by steve »

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
February 06, 2014, 09:50:13 am
It is fixed.

• No avatar
  • Polygon
August 01, 2014, 06:43:47 pm
Hello IStonia.

I'm having this problem with keys sticking again. It happens if I load a hi-poly reference mesh for retopologisation. I think the bigger the polycount, the greater probability of stuck keys, but I have not verified it yet.
It's mostly CTRL combinations that get stuck.

Video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yu66aihqgxl69bp/stuckKeys.mp4?dl=1
(Download it for full HQ resolution)

Also, from time to time I'm getting some strange text in the title window, like "192 End" instead of "NVil 1.0 (build date): filename.extension". If I save my scene at this point, the strange text is replaced by the correct one. You can observe it on the video too. The title change happens at 0:56 when I hover over close button of the "Materials" hot window. At first it changes for a fraction of a second to "91 Start" but immediately after to "192 End".

Also, do note that all thumbnails from the "Materials" window are blank. This is the first time I see it happening.

• No avatar
  • Polygon
August 01, 2014, 10:03:58 pm
Now it says "784 End".

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
August 01, 2014, 10:30:45 pm
Try this
http://www.digitalfossils.com/Download/NVil-Aug-02-14.rar

The title text bug should be fixed.
The sticky key problem is more difficult to fix. Can you easily reproduce it?

• No avatar
  • Polygon
August 01, 2014, 10:54:31 pm
Hi rubberDuck,

Looking at your vid, what streamline tool functions do you have bound to "ctrl" key? (at approx 12 sec into vid, just before "combine" popup shows, at the top left of screen I see "New Tool_06 (Ctrl)"

Off-topic.
For your vids, you may want to look at "Handbreak". It will reduce your vids down to small size without loss of quality)

• No avatar
  • Polygon
August 02, 2014, 02:46:49 pm
Try this
http://www.digitalfossils.com/Download/NVil-Aug-02-14.rar

The title text bug should be fixed.
The sticky key problem is more difficult to fix. Can you easily reproduce it?
Thank you IStonia, the title bug is gone now. :)

Sticky keys seem to occur on random basis, so to reproduce them is very tricky. And to be honest, I didn't have problems with them until several days ago.

Sometimes, like right now, it's working perfectly fine - and I have the scene from the video opened for testing. Maybe it's because I have Aug-02-14 installed now. Perhaps it won't stick any more? But in previous version once it started sticking, it continued to do so. Usually when I was in the middle of something.

Hmm... Perhaps it's related to how much time passes since the application start?

Or maybe it's because when working I constantly switch between various programs? I noticed that from time to time NVil's window, when restored from minimised state or when brought to foreground after being covered by another window, stays completely blank. Usually NVil redraws the viewport after several seconds, but sometimes I need to restart the program.

Maybe some corruption happens if NVil doesn't stay in focus?

Hi rubberDuck,

Looking at your vid, what streamline tool functions do you have bound to "ctrl" key? (at approx 12 sec into vid, just before "combine" popup shows, at the top left of screen I see "New Tool_06 (Ctrl)"
Steve, it's a CTRL+W combination under which I have all welding and merging tools. In this context it was "Object Shortcut Tools >> Combine(Merge Meshes)". I forgot to name this StreamLine tool, hence the "New_Tool_05".

And under CTRL I have built-in "StreamLine Engine Tools -> Tweak".

• No avatar
  • Vertex
    • blog
August 03, 2014, 04:49:05 am
I am getting similar issues, with sticking hotkeys.  Ctrl sometimes, sometimes another key.  I can resolving by pressing the key that's 'stuck' which then unsticks it.

Also, I get similar issues with the screen not updating when I tumble or make changes after leaving the program for a while.  To fix it, I can usually just switch to another application and then switch back and I will then see the changes I've made.

Last, and this is problem I haven't seen in a few builds (I've been using the updated builds that Steve has been testing) But I would have a problem where Nvil didn't read as opened on my quick launch toolbar, so I'd keep pressing the icon, only to find that I had opened several instances of the program whatever app I was already using.  I wouldn't see Nvil until I closed or minimized everything above it.  This one hasn't happened in a little while, so it might be fixed already.

Thanks!

• No avatar
  • Polygon
August 03, 2014, 06:38:24 am
Hi rubberDuck,

Steve, it's a CTRL+W combination under which I have all welding and merging tools. In this context it was "Object Shortcut Tools >> Combine(Merge Meshes)". I forgot to name this StreamLine tool, hence the "New_Tool_05".

And under CTRL I have built-in "StreamLine Engine Tools -> Tweak".

I have seen issues before when binding the "Ctrl" key to tools/functions. As example, I made "Disable Snapping Temporarily" bound to the "Ctrl" key, but after doing so, the Snap view tools ("Snap View (Ctrl+Space)" and "Snap View on Rotating (Ctrl)") no longer functioned correctly.

For your "Streamline tool" > "Tweak", what mode(s) is it active in?

-------------------
I forgot to ask. How do you have your "New_Tool_5" set up?. (where are the tools/functions placed in the streamline tool?).

« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 06:52:55 am by steve »