News:

Topic: 64-bit Version Test  (Read 26732 times)

• No avatar
  • Spline
January 16, 2014, 09:16:46 am
There's a big mesh after decimation master.
The problem occurs when you use subdivision.

Wait, are you trying to subdivide a model after it's been decimated (you're referring to "Decimation Master", the ZBrush plugin, correct?)?  If that's the case, you're definitely going to have problems - decimated meshes are not suitable for subdivision as decimated meshes are triangulated whereas SubD works best with quads (triangles should be kept to a minimum).  If you need a lower poly count mesh from ZBrush that is suitable for SubD, you need to retopologize it... there are many methods to do this in ZBrush. 

• No avatar
  • Triangle
January 16, 2014, 09:28:23 am
something strange is happening :o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3p3hbTHE3CM

• No avatar
  • Triangle
January 16, 2014, 09:32:39 am
JTenebrous, on the model I tried sub-d. decimation master before I use retopo

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
January 16, 2014, 09:45:34 am
something strange is happening :o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3p3hbTHE3CM

I can see the problem occurs when you use hotkey to toggle subdivision to subd level 2 and it works fine when you use menu to set to subd level 1.

Can you also try this two methods and see what may happen?

-Geometry > Subdivision > Toggle Sudivsion.
-Geometry > Subdivision > Level 2.

Can you sent me your config files so I maybe able to produce the bug?

I need to go for sleep now.

• No avatar
  • Triangle

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
January 17, 2014, 01:48:29 am
It seems the problem only occurs if subd level goes up to level 2. I still can't tell what went wrong, it just works fine on me.

I asked you to send me your config files in my last post. If it is your settings cause the problem, it would be very easy for me to pin point the bug.

Also can you create a simple box 1x1x1 with just 4 polygons. Subdivide it to level 2, then collapse the subdividion, Geometry > Subdivision > Collapse Sudivision. If the problem occurs, save it to a vws scene file and send it to me so I can see if I can get some clues to find out the bug.

• No avatar
  • Triangle
January 17, 2014, 03:24:10 am
problem persists after collapse http://joxi.ru/UqLYUhjKTJAGE64wRnE

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
January 17, 2014, 04:11:16 am
I have been able to reproduce the bug by using your settings. Just allow me some time.

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
January 17, 2014, 06:26:48 am
I have found the bug. You have this option checked, Edit > Preference > Options > Subdivision smoothing same as base mesh. You can turn this option off. I have yet to fix the bug.

• No avatar
  • Triangle
January 17, 2014, 09:25:03 am
Here is a slight delay in the camera transformation.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9Zi599a65c&feature=youtu.be
Hopefully soon performance outgrowths.

• No avatar
  • Triangle
January 17, 2014, 11:02:42 am
And if you press another button mouse without releasing the first all works quickly

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
January 18, 2014, 11:07:01 am
The subdivision bug is fixed. Also view navigation performance in object mode is improved.

• No avatar
  • Polygon
January 22, 2014, 10:24:04 pm
I am still seeing problems with the keyboard inputs. Keys will unexpectedly stop working with a need to restart Nvil. But even more concerning is the fact other applications (and windows explorer) are then also having problems with keyboard input (probably due to nvil using global hook).

I need to ask as to what dll is being used by Nvil for the hook procedure "WH_Keyboard_LL"(low level global keyboard hook)?

• No avatar
  • Spline
January 22, 2014, 10:57:17 pm
But even more concerning is the fact other applications (and windows explorer) are then also having problems with keyboard input (probably due to nvil using global hook).
I can confirm this behavior. Yesterday I shut down Nvil but my left Shift key still registered in Windows as pressed down. When selecting files in Windows Explorer just by LMB clicking,  the OS "thought" I would like to add to the selection - such never happens even when accidentally having CAPS Lock on, it must be Nvil causing this. I recorded a gif which shows this error, a keystroke visualizer tells that Left Shift is pressed althouth I don't even touch the keyboard. It on my other computer - I can post it later you if you want.

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
January 23, 2014, 09:43:43 am
I am still seeing problems with the keyboard inputs. Keys will unexpectedly stop working with a need to restart Nvil. But even more concerning is the fact other applications (and windows explorer) are then also having problems with keyboard input (probably due to nvil using global hook).

I need to ask as to what dll is being used by Nvil for the hook procedure "WH_Keyboard_LL"(low level global keyboard hook)?

The hook is in the .exe file. I have tried to improve it. Please try this one.
http://www.digitalfossils.com/Download/NVil-Jan-24-14.rar