News:

Topic: Doubts  (Read 4386 times)

• No avatar
  • Vertex
February 26, 2014, 05:25:51 pm
Hallo to you all. I'm an hobbyst that likes 3d graphics and uses different softs with different characteristics. I followed Voidworld evolution and think that's growing very strong but, maybe i've used it few times and don't understand deeply its interface, but i find that there are too many menues, buttons and so on that make using it too complicated. I'll like a simplified interface and usage.
Sorry for my weak english and hope you understand what i wanted to say.
I'll try to use it again and pheraphs buy it.
Bye.
Achille

• Triangle
February 26, 2014, 06:50:44 pm
...i find that there are too many menues, buttons and so on that make using it too complicated. I'll like a simplified interface and usage.

I share your concerns that there were not the best interface choices made with some things. It takes a while to fully understand everything in NVil. On the other hand, so does Maya. If you have suggestions on how to improve the interface and you could point out what's especially difficult to get into, please do so!

One suggestion I have is to create a tool options window that displays options that are specific to a tool, so these options don't appear among the more general options. I made radial menus for each tool that contain these options and are opened by alt+toolhotkey.

• No avatar
  • Vertex
February 27, 2014, 09:36:14 am
As i told i used the program too few times  and cannot express a defiitive opinion on it, but i find its interface a little too rich, with all that menues, radial menues and so on that (probably) are used for the same operations. Pheraphs i have to know the program better and see if there is a way to modify that things. But at first sight it seems over-menued and over-windowed (new words by me!). I'll try to use it again if i find the time. Bye and have a nice day.
Achille

• No avatar
  • Triangle
    • Portfolio
February 27, 2014, 10:31:08 am
Achilles,

Try my layout, its intended for learning Nvil from the ground up, without getting lost in the Menus.

Everything is accessible with just one click.

From there you can easily modify and tweak to your preferance.

http://voidworld.cmcproductions.co.uk/index.php/topic,2236.0.html

• No avatar
  • Triangle
    • Portfolio
February 27, 2014, 10:45:20 am
Also,  there is a very good reason the UI is the way it is.

We are getting weekly updates that introduce new features and options that are added to the menu. Nvil would most probably require an additional programmer to rebuild the UI in such manner that allows  fast updates but keeping the visual noise of the menus to a minimum.

• No avatar
  • Vertex
February 27, 2014, 02:39:38 pm
OK. I'll try.  Thanks
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 02:58:15 pm by achilles »

• Administrator
  • Polygon
February 28, 2014, 02:08:53 am
ya it is still very much in a development build, with new features coming in all the time, so things just get added to the menus, once devlopmeant slows would be nice for a UI overhull.

about the menus vs toolbars vs radial menus, its kinda like maya everything you can find in the toolbars and radial menus, is in the main menu.

The toolbars and radial menus are there for user preference and customization.