News:

Topic: Sudo GALLERY  (Read 3389 times)

• No avatar
  • Spline
November 07, 2013, 12:32:37 pm
Since we can't create a Gallery in the main page of the site/forum I tried making this. Here you can post what you did in NVil that you want to share to the community. Me First!!! ;D

Still in working progress but it's a start :P

• Administrator
  • Polygon
November 08, 2013, 12:52:31 am
isnt it kinda redundant to the http://voidworld.cmcproductions.co.uk/index.php/topic,9.0.html thread in the same board?

im thinking i will wait a while till i got a good selection in there, than hand pick some stuff for a gallery, or put it up to vote on the forums
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 01:00:54 am by Passerby »

• Triangle
November 08, 2013, 01:07:20 am
I appreciate your enthusiasm. You know, you could always start a new thread for a single piece of work, if you want to show your progress and might want comments & critiques and discuss it.
If you want people to see your images without logging in to the forum or without even registering, you should use an imagehoster and link to the image or embed it.

Some aesthetic hint: There are some really bright areas in your image that aren't that pleasing to the eye.
It would also be nice to see a shaded+wireframe to give some feedback. I take it, you're at beginner level?

• Administrator
  • Polygon
November 08, 2013, 01:11:59 am
ya i find hosting images on dropbox and linking in with the IMG tags works best, also if your using a bright diffuse term, you should not use such a bright specular and ambient term.

• No avatar
  • Spline
November 09, 2013, 04:03:53 am
Cool guys I will do what you have suggested, btw I'm not really a beginner :'(. I am a 3D artist for almost 4 years now since I started, just that I did not really practice modelling that much until I found NVil, it helped me feel like drawing on paper because on how freely I can model.

I tried changing the color to be less stressful to the eyes.

• Administrator
  • Polygon
November 09, 2013, 04:17:47 pm
Could you show your wires and references? Would be useful to give further crits.

• No avatar
  • Spline
November 09, 2013, 04:29:43 pm
I don't really want to post wires because they are pretty messed up and I would eventually retopo it, but oh well here goes

• Administrator
  • Polygon
November 09, 2013, 05:40:00 pm
You really shouldn't worry about what people will think of your wires, getting constructive critism is the best way to learn and improve.

I can't speak of how it would deform since I'm a environment and tech artist not character artist, but it looks like OK topology to me once you even the density out a little more and work on the silloute.

About the form you really should post your reference images here as well, as well as explaining what the mesh is being made for. Since real time and rendered stuff has different requirements.

Are you wanting to build a LP to bake down too and display in a real time engine? Or is the purpose to just build high poly for a offline renderer such as mental ray, vray or cycles?

• No avatar
  • Spline
November 10, 2013, 03:46:45 am
What I am trying to do here is make a animatable pre-rendered character. I don't have any reference in with this, I just search the internet on what the topology of my character should look like.

• Administrator
  • Polygon
November 10, 2013, 12:06:25 pm
Ah you should always have real world references for anatomy, when doing characters, the same goes for environments and props as well. Your makeing a approximation of the real world so use references and real photos.

• No avatar
  • Spline
November 10, 2013, 01:53:29 pm
I'll keep that in mind, thanks :)