News:

Topic: Help subdivision!  (Read 2340 times)

• No avatar
  • Spline
March 20, 2015, 06:46:27 am
Hi,

Before I use ctrl + ` to subdivide my object when I am on ` + 1 or 2, when I tried the new versions it suddenly got removed, how can I bring this back? thanks a bunch ;)

-arvin

• No avatar
  • Polygon
March 20, 2015, 03:59:17 pm
Hi arvin,

It may be the same issue I see. The sub_d keys can changed between 2 keys(even during session), but have never found out why.

Image attached showing the 2 keys that are used by default on my setup.

• No avatar
  • Spline
March 21, 2015, 02:20:12 am
Hi Steve,

Actually I made a mistake lol, tried to bring it back but I did not know what the command name is so I over written the shortcut, good job me... anyways if anyone can tell me the name that would be awesome! thanks a bunch.

-Arvin

• No avatar
  • Polygon
March 21, 2015, 02:46:10 am
Hi Arvin,

The name for the "toggle subdivision"?

Edit >> Customize >> Tools >> Common Modeling Shortcut Tools >> Toggle Subdivision

Is that what you are looking for?

• No avatar
  • Spline
March 21, 2015, 03:55:25 am
Hi Steve,

Thanks for the answer but no, it is not, what I am looking for is the option that would turn the subdivision into an actual mesh. I am looking for actually subdividing the mesh not just the toggle. I could still use the toggle, but for some reason the subdivision 3-4 shortcuts are not working, did some of the shortcuts change since last year? I was still using the last years build until 2 days ago, I updated again since there are a little bit of update that can be use. Also some of the new shortcuts don't work like the tweak weld, is there some bug? Thanks!

-Arvin

• No avatar
  • Polygon
March 21, 2015, 04:42:37 am
Hi Arvin,

The commands for the subdivision can be found at the top of the main viewport (while in object selection mode) in the menu "Geometry >> Subdivision >>".
The command to turn the subdivision into a mesh is "Collapse Subdivision" the default hotkey Alt + '
All the commands in that menu will show if they have an hotkey assigned. You can also find all those commands in the "Customize tool >> Common Modeling Shortcut Tools"

I think the hotkeys are still set as they have always been. Are you using the default config?

The tweek weld is working, although it appears to only weld vertex next to it on the same edge.

• No avatar
  • Spline
March 21, 2015, 06:51:00 am
Hi Steve,

Thanks for pointing that out, I forgot that I change the Collapse Subdivision into Ctrl + ` because I needed to use alt + 1-5 for other shortcuts, just tried it thanks! btw it was my bad that ctrl was not working, I had program running that interferes with my ctrl button. Anyways thanks a bunch!

My only gripe for now is how the weld function does not work well like the one on the retopo mode. It works but, it needs some fighting to work.

btw I have using a heavily edited layout and keys that was why I was wondering whether istonia did anything with the hot keys while I was away.

-Arvin.