News:

Topic: Chamfer Edge with Wacom Tablet  (Read 3430 times)

• No avatar
March 03, 2017, 12:40:33 pm
Hi, im new to the Nvil and use normaly 3dsmax and a long time Silo. My first impression is very positive :) I like that you can customize everything like in Silo. I have a question about using Nvil with Tablet. Is it possible to set amount of chamfering edges(1,2,3) with a gesture/or RMB instead of using mouse wheel? Or if some of you guys working with tablet how do you set up streamline tool for that? Thanks.

• No avatar
  • Triangle
    • Portfolio
March 03, 2017, 01:19:09 pm
You will have to rely on the keyboard then.  Using a Wacom pen is really holding you back with Nvil because it is designed to exploit mouse wheel, and even a 5 button mouse.

• Spline
    • www.weisheim.com
March 03, 2017, 07:53:41 pm
Thanks for the info...

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
March 03, 2017, 09:20:50 pm
Hi, im new to the Nvil and use normaly 3dsmax and a long time Silo. My first impression is very positive :) I like that you can customize everything like in Silo. I have a question about using Nvil with Tablet. Is it possible to set amount of chamfering edges(1,2,3) with a gesture/or RMB instead of using mouse wheel? Or if some of you guys working with tablet how do you set up streamline tool for that? Thanks.

There are two command tools for this purpose. You can use them to simulate mouse wheel scroll with keyboard.
Edit > Customize > Tools > Common Shortcut Tools > WMB-Up/Down Simulator.

------------

triton, looks like your forum account has been removed by accident. Very sorry for that. You have to register again.

• Spline
    • www.weisheim.com
March 04, 2017, 10:32:28 am
@IStonia , i just changed to another email nickname because it(email) looses connection to the email tool i  use somehow.

About mousewheel simmulation, thx i will try it.

• Spline
    • www.weisheim.com
March 04, 2017, 11:16:00 pm
It works very nice feature!

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
March 04, 2017, 11:29:06 pm
There is an option

Edit > Preference > Options1 > Viewport Navigation > Use LMB+RMB for pan view.

Please let me know if this works on your tablet pen.

• Spline
    • www.weisheim.com
March 05, 2017, 02:37:32 am
Hi,

if i enable this option
Edit > Preference > Options1 > Viewport Navigation > Use LMB+RMB for pan view.
it basicaly not work, if understood right:
LMB on wacom = pen tip pressed on tablet( i see this in hud view)
RMB = button 1 (on pen)
MMB button 2 (on pen)
Now if im activate option + press pen tip on tablet + hold button 1 nothing happens.

But it works to navigate anyway perfect without this option now. I use "Alt" like with mouse.

But i had to fight at the beginning (requires some googeling and changes in win 7) because i couldt use tablet like now when i opened NVIL first time. If you are interessted what i did to get it running, i can write it down.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 02:41:02 am by Woolfy »

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
March 05, 2017, 07:11:29 am
This option is created to enable people who uses stylus to pan view with Alt+LMB+RMB. But it didn't work for the person who requested this. Check this thread
http://samardac.com/nvil-forum/index.php/topic,2917.msg11870.html#msg11870

Now you don't have the problem for pan view. It would be great if you can share the way of how to set it up.

• Spline
    • www.weisheim.com
March 05, 2017, 03:20:14 pm
I checked the thread , i had little different problems not with pan but with zoom, but maybe it will be helpful for some who use tablet.

First time i started NVIl , zooming with tablet wasn`t working. How to solve it(sorry windows in german but should be similar)
Start-> Control panel -> Hardware and Sound> Pen and Touch. see screenshot 1.

If you install your wacom/driver first time , you need to setup your pen in wacom settings, to be able to pan. Start -> Control panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Wacom tablet settings. see screenshot 2

If you see this popping yellow windows near you click like "ALT" etc. you need to disable Tablet Service
See screenshot 3

If you have this kind of slowdown/hanging if you start to rotate(happens only if you use tablet but not mouse) disable this option. Start-> Control panel -> Hardware and Sound> Pen and Touch. see screenshot 4.

• Spline
    • www.weisheim.com
March 05, 2017, 03:20:46 pm
screenshot 3,4