News:

Topic: Difference Between 'Local Move Selection#' & 'Local Transform Selection#'?  (Read 2648 times)

• Triangle
February 19, 2013, 03:32:01 pm
What is the difference between the streamline basic tools Polygon Tools -> 'Local Move Selection#' & 'Local Transform Selection#'?
They both seem to be doing the same.

• No avatar
  • Polygon
February 19, 2013, 04:17:32 pm
Hi Vaquero,

Do you mean the sub_object tools?

Local Move selection = Local Move
Local Transform Selection = Local move / Local Rotate / Local Scale

Using the "Local Transform Selection", I have had it set with an hotkey and LMB. Pressing hotkey(keep pressed, or have tool as stay_alive) then LMB click brings up the options for changing between Local move/rotate/scale. You can then select the move/rotate or scale, then LMB drag for transform of current sub_object selection.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 04:22:20 pm by steve »

• Triangle
February 19, 2013, 05:12:13 pm
Hi Steve, yes I do mean subobject tools, not polygon tools. Hm... I can't get it to work the way you propose. I set up a new streamline tool, set the hotkey to some key and assigned 'Subobject Tools >> Local Transform Selection#' to >LMB Tool<. When I then activate the tool and click LMB nothing happens, no options show up. If I click&drag it's the same behavior as for local move selection. I don't have the visual tools window open, if it has anything to do with that?

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
February 19, 2013, 08:03:10 pm
You need to hit 'Home' key to show the options once the tool is actvated. By default, 'Local Transform Selection' has the options opened. You must have hid it before.

• Triangle
February 19, 2013, 09:10:24 pm
Ah, ok, with home key pressed the menu appears. Thanks for the guide, but I think I'll stick with the local move.