News:

Topic: Confirm to overwrite UserSettings or use existing ones  (Read 2425 times)

• Triangle
December 05, 2014, 01:35:06 pm
Hey!
I have my user settings folder in the application folder. I had to reinstall windows and when I started NVil, it of course started without this option enabled. So NVil created the dafault user settings. I then enabled [Edit>>Preferences>>Special Options>>"UserSettings" folder in application folder] and noticed that the settings in the application folder where overwritten. Because I thought something like this might happen, I made a backup beforehand, but it would be nice, that if Nvil detects already existing UserSettings, that it aks you, if you want to overwrite the settings or use the existing ones.
I would have collapsed, if my settings where gone because of this!^^

• No avatar
  • Developer
  • Administrator
  • Polygon
December 22, 2014, 09:19:40 am
I added an function. If you change the option to 'Folder in application', a copy of the existing setting files inside the application folder will be created and store in a new folder. That's the best I can do.

• Triangle
December 25, 2014, 05:00:08 pm
So essentially a backup of already existing settings in the application folder is created. Not optimal, but I can live with that. Thanks!